Social media has become one of the fastest, most effective ways of creating engagement with potential and existing customers, as well as reinforce and strengthen brand awareness. Social media management, in its most basic sense, involves handling, maintaining, and updating social networks. It has become highly regarded as a type of digital marketing.
Depending on your needs and resources, this can be done by one dedicated person or team. This can also refer to the tools used to manage social media, which includes different kinds of platforms and varying content styles. The need for an efficient and strategic social media management is crucial as it involves incoming and outgoing communications or customer engagement, as well as some aspects of marketing.
By making the most out of your social media, you will be able to accomplish many things:
- Actively participate in discussions with your customers to address concerns, receive feedback and suggestions, and find out the latest trends in the market that will be beneficial for creating and/or improving your products and services.
- Strengthen brand awareness to attract new customers and grow your audience.
- Innovative ways to boost social media presence, launch campaigns, and create online buzz. Before, we have limited methods of marketing our brand – usually through print, radio, or television. These are often confined by traditional methods that involve more resources and longer delivery time.
- Advertising. Although this has been criticized for its effect on organic reach (e.g. Facebook ads), the reality, for now, is that social media networks have the power to control how and when your target audience can see you.
Benefits of outsourcing social media management
Choosing to outsource your social media management helps you to utilize social platforms in many ways to your benefit. This becomes increasingly urgent as your audience grows and your reach expands. Lack of or mismanagement of your social media can be detrimental. Below are reasons why you should begin to outsource these functions:
- Access to expert staff. Having a knowledgeable, expert staff is one of the key benefits of outsourcing your social media activities. This task requires experienced people in marketing and creative services. They also provide essential input and design a strategic approach to handling your networks. One of the tasks involved is knowing what kind of social media strategy should be utilized to work fully with your business, which social networks to use, and how to use them.
- Time issues. Managing social media can be time-consuming, especially for smaller businesses. An outsourced social media manager/management team takes care of this, from doing market research to composing informative, but highly engaging posts and compelling blog content.
- Costs. Sure, social media is not essentially an item you can list down on your expenditure. But at the same time, this doesn't help you generate profits and increase your bottom line, either. On the other hand, hiring a full-time staff can be costly, and also risky.
- Consistency. It is important that your message remains to adhere to your core business values and to cultivate your brand image. This involves many aspects such as tone and aesthetics. Your audience won’t be able to identify with you if that message is dramatically different every time.
MicroSourcing offers a range of social media processes to complement your brand, including social media marketing and content moderation services. Learn more about these today!