Outsourcing transport and logistics jobs are becoming increasingly common. Before you start outsourcing your warehouse operations to the Philippines, here’s what you need to know…
The transport, postal and warehousing industry is a significant contributor to the global economy. In Australia, for instance, the gross value added (GVA) was AUD$20.5 billion for 2017-18.1
At the same time, the industry is very sensitive to global factors outside individual operators’ control. Fuel prices, disruptions to international trade, distribution channels and supply chains, climate change, wages, labor and safety regulations, data protection requirements, and trade instability all present challenges that must be met head-on by the sector and carry a significant up-front cost.
And, as with many other industries, one of the biggest disruptors has been technology.2 It’s affected all aspects of the business, in every imaginable way. Communications, vehicle design, big data and forecasting, connectivity, automation, satellite tracking – you name it, it’s made a tangible difference in day-to-day operations.
Consumer behavior and expectations have changed dramatically in the digital era, and the industry has responded accordingly. The advent of online shopping, for instance, has been a boon in many ways as millions of purchases are shuttled daily between vendors and buyers.
Book a Free Consultation
Interested in recruiting transport, postal and warehousing staff in the Philippines?
But again – those who fail to keep up won’t be able to meet customer standards with everything from online tracking to last mile delivery.
Meanwhile, the on-the-ground industry workforce is aging3, and you need resources to invest in attracting new workers, training them, and retaining them. Furthermore, the modern world requires industry employees to possess skills their predecessors didn’t. Not only do you need the money to access the latest systems, but also the people to run and maintain them.
So, while the work is there, it requires agility to pivot according to the latest opportunities and obstacles, an openness to innovation, and a lean, efficient operation in order to invest in future-proofing, manage your outgoings and still turn a profit.
Outsourcing warehouse operations or even just a few of your positions can allow you to acquire the talent you need around technology and greater cost-effectiveness. You can outsource transport and logistics from customer service representatives, purchasing and supply logistics clerks to distribution and procurement managers, sales, and a range of other positions that can be carried out remotely.
That will give you the capacity to grow and take advantage of increased opportunities, while freeing up capital to invest in innovation and technology, and maintain profit margins.
Why is the transport, postal and warehousing industry suited to offshoring?
Fortunately for the transport, postal and warehousing businesses, it’s an industry that’s particularly well suited to offshoring, because:
- Your business structure already allows for communication between staff on the ground and back office support. The location of that support team is irrelevant.
- The industry is now performing many functions around, for example, supply chain management and logistics, finance, customer relations, and many other components of the business using cloud-based software, which is available via any browser. Again, that means the team undertaking those tasks can be anywhere in the world.
- The industry doesn’t keep regular business hours. In fact, it operates 24/7. That makes timezones imaterial. You need people round the clock (and when you outsource warehouse operations to the Philippines, you can afford it).
Outsourcing transport and logistics just makes good business sense.
Frequently outsourced transport, postal and warehousing roles
Some of the more frequently offshored transport, postal and warehousing roles include:
Sample transport, postal and warehousing employee profiles
At MicroSourcing, we have more than 900 transport, postal and warehousing specialists in our candidate database, and access to more than an additional 3,800 individuals across the Philippines who can help with outsourcing your warehouse operations. Here are a few examples of real candidate profiles:
- Software application: SAP ERP, SAP Cloud, SAP B1, MYOB
- Administrative functions such as filing and reporting
- Import, export and incoterms
- Air and sea shipments
- Logistics and supply chain coordination
- Price negotiation and quotations
- Quality assurance inspection
- Supply Chain and Logistics Executive
- Order Processing Officer
- Valuation, Classification and Research Analyst
- Oversee the shipment and delivery of goods
- Gather, analyze, capitalize and maintain knowledge and data on the Client's IT assets
- Tariff code classification
- Knowledgeable in Pivot, SAP PCR ( PR and GR), Oracle, Microsoft Olap Cube, ERP system, SYSPRO system and DMS system
- Warehouse/Logistics Supervisor
- IT Asset Management Analyst
- Sales Admin Support
MicroSourcing clients by industry
MicroSourcing has built a close affinity with the transport, postal and warehousing Industry. In fact, it’s one of the top sectors enjoying and mastering the benefits of offshoring. With over 75 transport, postal and warehousing professionals currently working for clients in Australia, the Americas and across Europe, we have significant experience oustourcing warehouse operations for the transport and logistics industry.
Interested in recruiting team(s) in the Philippines?
Since our inception in 2006, MicroSourcing has become one of the biggest providers of offshoring solutions in the Philippines. We can help you build a dedicated team in the Philippines, regardless of the roles and level of specialization you require. MicroSourcing is backed by our parent company, Probe CX, one of Australia’s fastest-growing offshoring solution and customer engagement firms. So, it’s safe to say we’re experts in outsourcing to the Philippines.
Call +1 888-731-0023 today or send us an email to discuss your company’s offshoring needs.