Need to outsource education industry roles to the Philippines? Before you hire your offshore provider, here’s what you need to know…
Education sector growth shows no signs of slowing, with research showing that the industry is expected to be worth $10 trillion by 2030, making up more than 6% of gross world product.
While the opportunities are great, providers who wish to be part of this global trend must be cognizant of the changing landscape and prepared to meet significant challenges.
A panel of higher education specialists identified five key trends affecting the sector: the growth of consumerism, shrinking profitability margins, increasing competition, shifting industry requirements, and geopolitical factors.
As an operator in the sector, you’re well aware that the future is already here. Digital transformation and viability in the peer-to-peer exchange economy requires an agile approach – either change to meet expectations and circumstances or fall behind.
Your clients are looking for high standard educational outcomes. But they want those to be suited to 21st century needs, and delivered via innovative, seamless, technologically driven platforms. You must focus internal resources on your core business to ensure the provision of a high-quality product that is competitive and relevant into the future, while at the same time investing in a different kind of expertise to ensure your customer’s delivery expectations are met.
Offshoring some parts of your operation is the way to achieve both of those goals. It’s why working with a BPO in the education industry is becoming increasingly common.
Why outsourcing education industry roles makes sense
Innovation and technology play a central role in education delivery into the future. As mobile phones and internet access become ubiquitous in developed and emergent nations, your service must be optimized for those platforms.
That makes this sector well suited to outsourcing. Education focused organizations benefit from more efficient, professional, cost-effective delivery of their services to a digitally-oriented customer base.
A 2015 Forrester survey showed “customers increasingly leverage self-service and agent-assisted digital communication channels for customer service.” That’s how your future clients are going to find you, and how they’ll interact with you.
The expertise required to set up and maintain that infrastructure already exists, with offshore teams possessing proven experience in:
- Keeping websites up to the date with course offerings
- Managing knowledge databases (searchability for self-service, blog posts, FAQs, web design, UX)
- Providing live chat, mobile self-service platforms, and email support
- Managing IT – maintaining systems, troubleshooting, enabling video lectures and customized online learning portals, library systems, and grading and teaching resource software
Furthermore, maintaining profit margins with increased competition and regulatory requirements necessitates streamlining your business operations, too. Universities and schools, driven by government spending cuts, have already turned to outsourcing to fill the gaps.
These are functions well suited to being undertaken offshore. They include:
- Student Fee management – e.g. collection, payment plans, discounts, etc.
- E-learning services – e.g. teaching live online courses about business, architecture, design, finance and more.
- Resources and facilities management – e.g. purchasing, maintenance, repairs, insurance.
- Compliance – e.g. HR (staff qualifications and regulatory checks), staff ratios, preparing for inspections like Ofsted and ISI
- Document management
- Financial management
Frequently offshored e-commerce roles
Some of the more frequently outsourced education roles:
- Online Tutors (various subjects)
- English Teachers
- Teaching Assistants
- Admissions Officer
- E-learning Specialist (Modules Designer)
- Student Enrollment Officer
Sample education employee profiles
At MicroSourcing, we have more than 184 education specialists in our candidate database, and access to more than an additional 1,800 across the Philippines. Here are a few examples of real candidate profiles:
- Team and Account Management
- Coaching, Mentoring and Performance Management
- Leadership Development
- Process Development
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Reports Presentation and Analysis
- Training Design and Delivery
- CRM and LMS Management
- Pedagogy and Andragogy Processes
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Global Learning Support
- Science Teacher – Middle and High School
- Technical Support Representative
- Teacher, advisor, curriculum designer, administrator, and supervisor
- Outbound international telesales
- Software product demonstrations
- Brain Gym exercises
- Outbound Telesales Representative
- English Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Head of Physical Education Department
MicroSourcing clients by industry
MicroSourcing has built a close affinity with the education industry, with over 184 employees currently working for education providers globally., and we’re ISO 9001 (quality management) and ISO 27001 (information security) certified.
Interested in outsourcing education sector job roles to the Philippines?
The Philippines produces world-class education professionals, many of whom can be found in education-related jobs around the world. We have more than 184 education sector professionals in our candidate database, and we’ve employed more than 300 education sector professionals for our clients since our inception in 2006. So it’s safe to say, we’re education BPO specialists.
In that time, MicroSourcing has become one of the biggest managed operations providers in the Philippines. With over 4,000 employees, 7 delivery centers and close to 200 clients, we can help you build a dedicated team in the Philippines, regardless of the roles and level of specialization you require.
Get started with outsourcing education roles today. Call +1 888-731-0023 today or send us an email to discuss your company’s education sector needs. You could have an offshore team set up in the Philippines in as little as 6 weeks.
HIPAA & PCI DSS compliant