by: Sarah Joson
Thursday, June 14, 2012 | Outsourcing News |
These are the top five most noticeable factors across all segments:
1. Clients always want to improve their business model/process. Service providers know this by now - majority of clients want to outsource because they want something new that could improve their business. Some of which are new strategies, improved Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) operations, and even increase in outsourcing activity.
2. Cloud integration. Different verticals use the cloud for different reasons. These industries deal with sensitive data that can affect the client and its customers if not handled properly. The cloud is more compatible with digital companies that need basic data storage such as software & services, as well as technology hardware and equipment.
3. Usage of social media and mobile technologies. There are some industries that greatly depend on digital social activities and the latest in mobile technologies, which is why firms look for service providers that are experts in these fields.
4. Service value over costs. In 2011, cost reduction was seen as the primary reason firms outsource business processes. ISG even saw that more and more clients opt for standard offerings to make way for lower prices. However, this can also change as the cloud becomes more popular.
5. Clients want flexible pricing. Clients want a more flexible pricing model, which not only covers price variability - they want to get the most out of what they are paying for.