Businesses, whether big or small, have been routinely outsourcing their processes for many years now. It is considered as mainly a practical choice for entrepreneurs, especially for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), to cut cost.
With the evolving technology and business practices, outsourcing has become more than a cost-cutting measure. Companies have also turned to outsourcing to expand and grow their business. From back-end office work to more complex business operations, it can yield long-term benefits.
Tasks that can be outsourced
Here are seven business tasks that you can outsource:
- Virtual assistance and administrative work. This includes a multitude tasks with varying specializations that are essential to running your business smoothly. Virtual assistant jobs are performed on a daily basis and can be tedious. Turning to a trusted offshore provider for your online research, database entries, data presentations, email management, social chores, scheduling, and industry knowledge preparation can take these off your hands.
- Lead generation and customer support. This includes sales calls that are heavily dependent on numbers. Simply put, the higher the number of volumes equals to higher sales and leads. Customer service takes care of the initial outreach. Outsourcing allows your business to be more efficient in handling these leads through an internal sales team or department.
- Accounting and financial duties. These are often labor intensive tasks that require specialized skills. By outsourcing, you can have these handled and managed by trained personnel without having to hire additional people to take care of your bookkeeping, invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, and financial planning, reporting, and analysis.
- Marketing. Another specialized business process that you can outsource is marketing work. While this is usually considered as a core operation, there are certain tasks that need to be regularly performed and/or require specific skills, such as website design, brand development, press releases, online marketing, social media management, blogs, and search engine optimizations (SEO) support.
- IT support. Establishing an IT infrastructure, from state-of-the-art equipment to 24-hour personnel oversight can be a daunting investment. Ensure data privacy and cyber security for your business, as well as IT maintenance and repair function among other essential IT tasks. With outsourcing, you can have access to these with significant savings.
- Human relations. An outsourcing partner can handle various human resource functions such as talent acquisition, hiring, and training, as well as managing inquiries and concerns regarding salary compensation, tax deductions, benefits, etc. as they are well-versed in employment laws and regulations.
- Medical billing and encoding. These specialized, professional functions require efficiency and accuracy that must be performed by competent personnel to avoid errors and reduce risks. Equally important is that medical billing and encoding outsourcing firms are HIPAA-compliant and are insured so you can have the peace of mind that your billing and encoding needs are handled professionally.
Contact MicroSourcing today to learn more about your options for outsourcing tasks and businesses processes.