Facebook posting tips for marketers
The end of the year is nigh, and now is the best time to start planning effective and interesting Facebook page posts. If you’re looking to save time and get more from your investment during the holiday season, here are seven posting tips from successful businesses to get you started:
- Boost important posts. Boosting posts that promote your products or services is the best way to reach audiences that matter to you. It helps you increase purchases by leading people to your site on link posts, and grow your customers by targeting new audiences. Plan your content calendar around key holiday dates and simply click Boost at the bottom of an existing or new post.
- Share exclusive discounts and promos. People who like your Page are excited to hear about special holiday discounts or promotional events. Inspire more purchases by including special codes visitors can use at checkout in your link posts and using time prompt messages like "free delivery, this weekend only" or "12-hour flash sale". End-of-year contests and giveaways also drive customer loyalty and boost sales. Remember to only promote products or services your audience is most interested in.
- Connect with words and pictures. Hold your audience’s attention and get them interested with the right combination of holiday-themed images and enticing copy that reflect your business objectives. Use high-quality photos that showcase your business or products and keep your messages short and instructive, with calls to action on your Boosted Posts like "shop now" or "buy today".
- Keep your creative refreshed. Don’t let your Boosted Posts go stale. People find recent holiday posts more interesting. Keep posting relevant content - if an important holiday has just passed, start posting about the next holiday or event. Test which posts work best and review their performance, switching photos and copy for different posts with the same objective. Respond to comments on your posts in a timely manner to let your fans know you’re listening to feedback.
- Be consistent in your posts. Besides boosting posts, it’s important to be consistent in the quality and types of ongoing posts you create. It helps your audience know what kinds of messages to expect from you. Because the holiday season is a busy time for your business, use a content calendar to help you plan. Make sure you schedule posts for when majority of your audience is online.
- Target your posts. The good thing about Facebook is that it allows you to control who sees a particular post. Depending on your objectives, you may want to post content that will interest people in specific age groups, locations, interests, etc.
- Review post performance. Your Page Insights can give you a better understanding of who your most engaged audience is and the types of posts that appeal to your fans. This will help you refine your Boosted Posts to appeal to them and adjust your targeting accordingly.
Facebook for Business