Need help with your content writing? In the Philippines, you can find talented English speaking copywriters and content writers to grow your marketing team.
Copywriters used to be found exclusively in advertising agencies, public relations companies and media companies, but this is starting to change. For decades, agencies offering a range of creative services have proliferated in Manila, with some global advertising and media firms placing their regional headquarters here. And in recent years, a number of BPO companies in the Philippines have begun following suit, offering creative process outsourcing (CPO) as part of their service portfolio. Copywriting is one of the core services for these companies.
Traditionally, Filipino copywriters have worked mostly on brochures, TV and radio commercial scripts, and magazine and newspaper advertisements. But over the past few years, the demand for web copy and related services (e.g. social media messaging, content writing and search engine optimization) has increased dramatically.
Typical attributes of Filipino copywriters and content writers include:
A superior command of English – especially written.
An eye for detail – especially grammar, sentence construction, syntax, etc.
Creativity and imagination.
An interest in popular culture, emerging trends and advertising techniques.
Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS).
In the Philippines market, copywriters are either:
Junior – Junior copywriters have 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
Intermediate – Those with 2-3 years of relevant work experience are considered intermediate.
Senior – Senior copywriters have 3+ years of relevant work experience.
Copywriting and content writing tools
Copywriting and content writing don’t necessarily require sophisticated tools or systems.
That said Microsoft Word and Google Docs are both very commonly used, and most copywriters are very proficient with the use of revision marks (to aid in the review process), and most mid-to-senior copywriters are comfortable using document templates and paragraph styles. They’re also usually able to adapt very quickly to project management tools like Asana and Trello.
In the area of web content management, WordPress platform is commonly used, as opposed to Joomla or Drupal. For images, Flickr is a popular source used by web copywriters.
Save up to 70% on labor and occupancy costs
Because living costs are so low in the Philippines, labor and occupancy costs are low too. We can employ and accommodate fully qualified, very experienced copywriters for your team in the Philippines for up to 70% less than you’d pay in your local employment market. Outsourcing your content writing to the Philippines just makes good business sense.
Tips for employing Filipino copywriters and content writers
- It takes 4-6 weeks to hire a copywriter or content writer in the Philippines.
- Hybrid copywriters – such as those with digital marketing experience – are less common and may take some time to hire.
- Some companies hire a good copywriter then train them in SEO and HTML editing as necessary.
- Some copywriters are freelancers; they handle projects remotely or have a work-from-home arrangement. Expect a higher than regular rate if you require them to work in an office 5 days a week, as they’ll consider transportation fees in their asking salaries.
Top 3 universities for copywriters
Nowadays, copywriters are not necessarily graduates of a specific course in college. Instead, many copywriters and content writers in the Philippines have pursued skills training outside the university system. Paid seminars and workshops conducted by expert copywriters are available for aspiring copywriters and those who wish to develop their skills further.
Copywriters are mostly graduates of Mass Communication courses. Based on the report from the Commission on Higher Education, the Philippines produces over 7,300 Mass Communication graduates every year, and reached a high in 2017 at 8,230 graduates.
Most of the copywriters we’ve hired in the past came from:
Sample copywriter and content writer profiles
- Highly proficient and confident in spoken and written English
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Google Drive, Express Scribe and other software
- Familiar with SEO strategies
- Computer and internet savvy
- Excellent in tasks that include, but are not limited to, researching, writing, editing and proofreading
- Experience in writing for different niches and in different styles and tone of voice
- Knowledgeable in different citation and academic styles including, but not limited to, APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian
- Technical Writer
- Junior Copywriter
- Working together with the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team for content writing strategies that increase the search visibility of the websites of clients
- Writing SEO-friendly articles, blog entries, and advertisements on various topics
- Content Supervisor
- Freelance Writer/Editor
- Senior Content Writer /Senior Link Developer
- Creative and Informative Content Production – Writing, editing, proofreading for almost all types of platforms
- Journalistic writing with focus on news and feature writing
- Marketing Communications
- Social Media Management
- Marketing Communications Specialist
Want a copywriter – or team of copywriters – in the Philippines?
Since our inception in 2006, MicroSourcing has become one of the biggest managed operations providers in the Philippines. With over 4,000 employees, 7 delivery centers and close to 200 clients, we can help you build a dedicated team of copywriters and content writers in the Philippines, regardless of the roles and level of specialization you require. We have more than 600 copywriters in our candidate database, and we’ve employed more than 30 copywriters for our clients since 2014.
Ready to outsource content writing to the Philippines? Call 1800 250 841 +63 2 4371000 +44 800 756 3742 +1 866 643 0830 today or send us an email to discuss your company’s copywriting needs. You’ll have your offshore copywriter(s) up and running in as little as 4 weeks.
HIPAA & PCI DSS compliant