Data processing is the process of extracting relevant information from several data sources to then manipulate it into an easily comprehensible format. It is essentially the art of manipulating and processing data sets to transform, classify, interpret or retrieve information. This information can be then used across the business to plan, strategize and forecast effectively.
Data processing involves:
- Validation of data sets
- Converting raw data into machine-readable forms
- Managing the storage of, collection, transformation and organization data
- Understanding user requirements of data.
In order to succeed, data management teams need to hire quality data processing specialists who are up-to-date with recent data processing tools and have the necessary data interpretation skills - all while keeping employment costs low. A solution; outsourcing.
Many data processing tasks can be completed digitally, which makes them well-suited to being performed in an offshore environment. As long as your business is offshore ready, outsourcing data processing tasks to the Philippines is cost-effective and straightforward.
Book a Free Consultation
Want a data analyst – or a data processing team – in the Philippines?
What are the benefits of outsourcing data processing services?
- Cost savings: As the Philippines' cost of living is lower than most Western countries, your business can outsource repetitive and time-consuming data processing tasks for a fraction of the price it would cost to hire specialists locally; up to 70% in some cases.
- Increase in output efficiency and quality levels: Sending routine data processing tasks to an offshore team in the Philippines means your onshore team will have more time, budget and project scope to take on higher-value work. Your business will notice a drastic increase in productivity levels within your data management services.
- Business growth and scaling opportunities: When you send your time-consuming tasks to an offshore data processing team in the Philippines, your local team will have more time to focus on increasing profits and business growth opportunities. Your onshore team's additional capacity gets from your offshore team's support means you can grow your business sustainably.
What are examples of outsourced data processing roles?
Depending on what outsourced provider you choose to engage, the following roles are well-suited to outsourcing:
- Data Processing Specialists
- Data Entry Specialists
- Data Processing Technicians
- Data Entry Clerks
- Data Processors
- Data Analysts.
Data processing falls under the data management function of your organization and works closely with data visualization, order processing and data analysis teams.
Sample data processing team structure
Depending on the volume and type of data to be processed, data processing teams are typically formed in the following ratios:
- 1 Lead Analyst (Team Leader)
- 1-3 Data Analysts (intermediate to senior level)
- 5-10 Data Entry Specialists
- 1 or 2 subject matter experts if necessary
- 1 Quality Assurance Specialist.
Your company may need just one of these team units to fulfill your needs, or if you’re processing large amounts of data, you may need as many as 10 teams with a total of 100-200 staff members.
The offshore data processing team leaders usually report to a local Chief Information Officer, or to a specific department manager such as Retail Operations, Healthcare Information or Logistics and Supply Chain managers.
Challenges that outsourced data processing teams in the Philippines can face
Data is not static; it is continuously changing. Therefore, whether it's project-based or not, you need to ensure that the information being handled by your data processing team is up-to-date and any changes to the data is communicated. This further emphasizes why outsourced teams heavily rely on cloud-based sharing systems as it provides a continuous flow of updated data at all times, no matter who changes what on each side. Data security and privacy can be major concerns for businesses when outsourcing. It’s why outsourcing providers place high emphasis on ensuring their security set up is up to scratch.
Data processing is quite tedious and repetitive, so it's important to keep your data processing team feeling like they are a part of the "big picture" and communicate exactly what effects their data processing tasks will have on the project as a whole.
Interested in recruiting team(s) in the Philippines?
Since our inception in 2006, MicroSourcing has become one of the biggest providers of offshoring solutions in the Philippines. We can help you build a dedicated team in the Philippines, regardless of the roles and level of specialization you require. MicroSourcing is backed by our parent company, Probe CX, one of Australia’s fastest-growing offshoring solution and customer engagement firms. So, it’s safe to say we’re experts in outsourcing to the Philippines.
Call +1 888-731-0023 today or send us an email to discuss your company’s offshoring needs.