Back office support services are the functions of your organization that aren't customer-facing. Staff in these roles are responsible for tasks that improve customer experience (CX) and provide necessary assistance to front office teams. They take care of the administrative tasks to ensure smooth operations and readily available resources for sales and client-facing teams.
Back office support can include, but is not limited to:
- Administrative and technical support
- Content moderation
- Data cleansing
- Data entry and processing
- Graphic design and web development
- HR and recruitment
- Marketing and creative services
- Order management
- Payroll and finance management
- Social media management.
Finding quality back office support staff is becoming more and more difficult due to recent labor shortages. Organizations need to match salaries and provide additional benefits to retain existing employees and attract new ones.
For many organizations, back office outsourcing is becoming a cost-effective and reliable solution to overcome the difficulties of securing quality back office support by accessing a wider, global talent pool.
Many back office tasks can be completed digitally, which makes them well-suited to being performed in an offshore environment. As long as your business is offshore ready, offshoring back office tasks to the Philippines is simple and straightforward.
Book a Free Consultation
Interested in recruiting back office support staff in the Philippines?
What are the benefits of back office outsourcing?
- Cost saving: as the Philippines' cost of living is lower than most western countries, your business can outsource back office tasks for a fraction of the price it would cost to hire specialists locally; up to 70% in some cases.
- Access to a larger talent pool: the Philippines has a huge talent pool of back office support specialists. The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is expected to experience a headcount growth of 5% and revenue growth of 5.5% from 2021 to 20221.
- Increase in output efficiency and quality levels: sending back office tasks to an offshore team in the Philippines means your onshore team will have more time, budget and project scope to take on higher-value work. Your business will notice a drastic increase in productivity levels within your back office team.
- Business growth and scaling opportunities: when you send your time-consuming tasks to an offshore back office support team in the Philippines, your local team will have more time to focus on increasing profits, business growth and development opportunities. The additional capacity your onshore team gets from your offshore team's support means you can grow your business sustainably.
What are examples of back office roles you can outsource?
Depending on what outsourced provider you choose to engage, the following roles are well-suited to outsourcing:
Finance, accounting and payroll
- Accounts Receivable & Payable Specialists
- Administrative Assistants
- Broker Support Officers
- Debt Collection Specialists
- Financial Advisors
- Financial Analysts
- Insurance Claims Processors
- Loan Processors
- Payroll Processors
- Procurement Officers
- Tax Advisors
Human resources, recruitment and training
- HR Managers
- HR or Recruitment Officers
- Talent Acquisition Specialists
- Training Coordinators
Marketing and creative services
- 3D Modeling Designers
- Content Marketing Managers
- Content Moderators
- Content Writers
- CRM Administrators
- Digital Marketers
- Email Marketers
- Graphic Designers
- Industrial Designers
- Marketing & Data Analysts
- Media Planner and Buyers
- Photo Editors
- Search Engine Marketing (PPC/SEM) Specialists
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialists
- Social Media Marketers
- UX Designers
- Video Editors
- Data Analysts
- Data Cleansing Analysts
- Data Entry Specialists
- Data Intelligence Analysts
- Data Migration Project Managers
- Data Quality Managers
- Data Scientists
- Data Visualization Specialists
- Order Processing Specialists
Administrative and technical support
Sample back office team structure
Most organizations outsourcing their back office team to the Philippines start with a core team that eventually scales to support more internal units or customer groups, as the team gets to know the organization's requirements. Employers provide mentoring and technical upskill training for candidates ready to move to the next level.
The below graph illustrates how an organization could outsource multiple back office functions. It is also possible to outsource more or fewer roles while still allowing control to sit with your onshore team.
1 2021/22 Philippines IT & BPO Industry Performance and Outlook
Frequently Asked Questions
It is completely dependent on what roles you decide to offshore in your back office team. You could have a back office team up and running in as little as six to eight weeks.
The best way to ensure an efficient recruitment process for our talent acquisition (TA) team in the Philippines is to ensure that, during consultations, you detail the role requirements, skills and ideal candidate as best you can. This will ensure that our TA team in the Philippines has the necessary information to source the perfect candidate for your back office needs to get your offshore team up and running as soon as possible.
Keep in mind, depending on the size of your required back office team, our talent acquisition team may require additional time for the extra recruitment, training and onboarding needed to establish qualified and experienced candidates.
Outsourcing to the Philippines can result in significant cost savings of up to 70%. Here at MicroSourcing, we offer a monthly fee to help reduce overheads and allow you to focus on scaling and growing your business. Included in the monthly fee is infrastructure, recruitment and training, security, staff benefits and management.
With MicroSourcing, you can outsource roles the following back office roles:
- Finance, Accounting and Payroll
- Human Resources, Recruitment and Training
- Workforce Management
- Data Management
- Personal Assistance.
You can outsource as many roles as you deem necessary to meet your business goals. Here at MicroSourcing, we provide the support and expertise needed to assist you in expanding your offshore team as you scale and grow your business back home.
MicroSourcing’s talent acquisition team works just as an in-house recruitment team would. They screen, interview and test candidates to ensure candidates meet the needs and requirements as illustrated in your position descriptions. With over 10 years of experience pioneering a new way of offshoring, MicroSourcing’s expertise is backed by being one of the largest and most experienced offshoring providers in the Philippines - so quality is not a concern.
With a dedicated management team on the ground, working one-on-one with your staff in the Philippines, MicroSourcing has 192+ talented staff in operations who keep the communication between your business and your offshore team streamlined. We also have operational departments that help your employees function efficiently and productively.
Interested in recruiting team(s) in the Philippines?
Since our inception in 2006, MicroSourcing has become one of the biggest providers of offshoring solutions in the Philippines. We can help you build a dedicated team in the Philippines, regardless of the roles and level of specialization you require. MicroSourcing is backed by our parent company, Probe CX, one of Australia’s fastest-growing offshoring solution and customer engagement firms. So, it’s safe to say we’re experts in outsourcing to the Philippines.
Call +1 888-731-0023 today or send us an email to discuss your company’s offshoring needs.