Learn how our Managed Operations model provides the perfect middle ground between outsourcing and incorporating.

talk expert
Talk to
an Expert

Explore the opportunities with us.

Contact Us
Sarah

Non-voice Processes Fuelling ICT-BPM Industry in Cebu

by: Sarah Joson

Thursday, January 2, 2014 | Outsourcing News |

The local economy of Cebu has been posting robust growth since 2008. It was found that one of the key growth drivers in the province is the information and communications technology - business process management (ICT-BPM) sector, specifically the non-voice segment.

According to Jun Sa-a, Managing Director of Cebu Educational Development Foundation for Information Technology (Cedf-IT), the ratio between non-voice operations versus call center operations in Cebu is 70:30. As for the volume of employees working in the ICT-BPM segment, call centers account for 70 percent with more than 100,000 workers, and the remaining 30 percent are employed in non-voice outsourcing companies.
 
Non-voice functions are also identified as high-valued processes. Some of these are related to finance, health information management, and software development. Joel Mari Yu, Managing Director at Cebu Investment Promotions said non-voice services will strengthen Cebuís position in the BPM space.

Sa-a noted that non-voice BPM operations have created "high-value" jobs, which require specific skills compared to call center work. Non-traditional operations are harder to move around compared to operations that are anchored only on English proficiency, which is a common skill all over the Philippines. Sa-a added that emerging segments such as health information management provide more employment opportunities to nurses and other medical professionals.

As the ICT-BPM industry in Cebu continues to grow, Sa-a said Cedf-IT launched training programs last year to address the growing demand. One of the programs highlighted by the executive is cloud infrastructure training which was spearheaded by EMC, a storage hardware solutions provider. In addition to that, he said schools now include cloud infrastructure to their curriculum.


Source:
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/
 

Post a Comment


Security Image:

 function captcharefresh button


Name:(required)



Email Address: (will not be published) (required)



Website:



Comment: