Learn how our Managed Operations model provides the perfect middle ground between outsourcing and incorporating.

talk expert
Talk to
an Expert

Explore the opportunities with us.

Contact Us

7 new locations to be added to RP Next Wave Cities

by: Admin

Friday, February 19, 2010 | Outsourcing News |

BPO sector to expand to 7 new outsourcing cities

According to the Commission on Information and Communications Technology (CICT), the Philippines' business process outsourcing (BPO) sector will spawn 5 to 7 new outsourcing cities this year. This will bring the Philippines' Next Wave Cities count from 35 in 2009, to over 40, ABS-CBN reported.

Last year's next wave cities list included Metro Laguna, Metro Cavite, Iloilo, Davao, Bacolod City, Bulacan East and Bulacan West, Cagayan De Oro, and Lipa City in Batangas.

Although CICT Commissioner, Monchito Ibrahim, would not name which cities in particular were to be added to the list, he explained that the goal was to have the Next Wave Cities reel in 35% of  the total outsourcing investments in the Philippines – with the other 65% belonging to Metro Manila.

"Ideally we want a 50-50 percent ratio, but that might take another 2 to 3 years to accomplish," said Ibrahim.

The current ratio in outsourcing investments is currently 75% to 25% in favor of Metro Manila – short of the 2009 goal for a 70% to 30% ratio. According to Ibrahim, this is due mainly to cities having ceased investments in their ICT, which he hopes will change this year.

"The challenge is how to attract more locators. If there's anything those aspiring to become Next Wave Cities should focus on, it's improving the manpower to supply the demand from the firms," said Ibrahim.

Source:
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com

Post a Comment


Security Image:

 function captcharefresh button


Name:(required)



Email Address: (will not be published) (required)



Website:



Comment: