If you’re looking to build or grow your team by outsourcing HR and recruitment to the Philippines, here’s what you need to know…
HR and recruitment officers play a vital role in sourcing and attracting quality talent to their organizations. They also provide support to ensure staff can perform their roles seamlessly and to the best of their abilities - guaranteeing high productivity and low attrition.
Recruitment officers have a multifaceted role that can involve consultation and strategy, recruitment process optimization, talent pipeline development, screening and interviewing, post-offer management and onboarding. They often work in tandem with HR officers, who can cover various tasks including payroll and compensation management, staff training and evaluation, employee benefits and service, and job direction and assessment, along with assisting with recruitment and onboarding.
As the world adjusts to a post-COVID landscape, organizations are increasingly anxious about aspects of their HR and recruitment functions. One study found less than half of companies believed their HR departments were moderately ready to deal with looming challenges1, while an incredible 69% of U.S. employers claim they are having difficulty filling jobs2.
Book a Free Consultation
Want a HR professional – or a team of recruitment specialists – in the Philippines?
Such statistics highlight that companies are under increasing pressure to meet their HR and recruitment needs, with the ever-present challenge of doing so in a way that improves efficiencies while keeping costs low. The answer? Outsourcing.
Organizations of all sizes – from small and mid-sized businesses to global companies – are turning to HR and recruitment outsourcing providers as a business strategy. With technology helping bring in-country teams and their offshore partners closer together than ever, outsourcing HR and recruitment officers to the Philippines is an obvious choice.
What are the benefits of outsourcing HR and recruitment officer tasks?
- Cost savings: By hiring an offshore HR or recruitment officer to support your local team with repetitive and time-consuming tasks for a fraction of the price, due to the lower living costs in the Philippines, you can save up to 70% when compared to hiring locally.
- Better hires: Recruitment officers invest their time and resources into sourcing, screening and presenting the best available talent, meaning you receive access to a stronger and more diverse pool of potential hires.
- Resourcing: Dealing with issues such as recruitment, training, leave claims and performance management takes time and energy that can often be better spent tackling higher value work. Employing offshore HR and recruitment staff allows busy people to dedicate their energy where it is most needed.
- Training: Despite being vital for the success of any business, professional development and training often falls away during busy times. With a dedicated focus and access to best-in-class materials and programs, outsourced HR officers ensure an unwavering commitment to training.
- Scalability: Outsourcing offers clients the flexibility to tap into recruitment and HR services as much or as little as they need to at any given time. Whether opening a new department or implementing a hiring freeze, businesses can scale their resourcing up or down with ease.
What qualifications, skills and experience make a successful HR and recruitment officer?
HR and recruitment officers combine strong personal skills and technical experience to deliver in their roles. Being a team player is essential, along with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues, and to build and grow external networks. Given the nature of their roles, confidentiality, integrity and discretion are essential. Excellent written and verbal skills are highly beneficial, while they must also be comfortable with both delivering and receiving constructive feedback. In the modern workplace, it goes without saying that computer proficiency is a must and effective presentation skills are also a core requirement.
In terms of qualifications and education, a degree or certificate in human resources, recruitment or business administration is preferred.
Typically, there are three levels of HR and recruitment officers:
Junior – A HR or recruitment officer with less than a year of relevant experience. Tasks completed could include sourcing and screening candidates, setting up interviews and providing administrative support.
Intermediate – 1-3 years of relevant experience. Tasks completed could include conducting interviews, supporting in the development of staff well being programs and supporting the onboarding of new staff.
Senior – 3+ years of relevant experience. Tasks completed could include facilitating recruitment offers and employment term negotiations, support in the development of training programs and providing advice on policy and procedure.
Save up to 70% on labor and occupancy costs
Because living costs are so low in the Philippines, labor and occupancy costs are too. We can employ and accommodate fully qualified, very experienced recruitment professionals for your team in the Philippines for up to 70% less than you’d pay in your local employment market. An outsourced recruitment team and HR outsourcing in the Philippines just makes good business sense.
What tools and systems do HR and recruitment officers need to be successful in their roles?
HR and recruitment officers use applicant tracking systems (ATS) and HR management systems (HRMS) to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively. ATS examples include:
Filipino recruitment officers are also experienced in using various tools for sourcing or leads generation including:
Tips for employing Filipino recruiters
- You can generally get started with HR outsourcing in the Philippines within 2 months.
- It takes 6-8 weeks to hire a recruiter in the Philippines.
- Technical recruiters are more challenging to hire because the talent pool is somewhat smaller, and the asking salaries are higher (and candidates are used to hire-based commissions). As a result, they typically take 8-12 weeks to recruit.
- Recruitment professionals shy away from short-term or temp employment set-up. They prefer long-term, regular employment.
- Career progression for recruitment professionals is fast, given the dynamic pace and growth in the BPO, ITO and KPO industries. A recruiter can become a supervisor in less than 2 years, and a supervisor can be a manager in 2 years.
- A recruitment team catering to around 15-20 HC per month normally includes a recruitment lead (supervisor) and 2 junior to intermediate recruiters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your outsourced HR representative or recruiter can be up and running in as little as six to eight weeks when you outsource through MicroSourcing. From discussing the requirements and qualifications desired of your HR representative(s) or recruiter(s), to assigning your new team member their very first task, MicroSourcing can help meet your requirements. Keep in mind, if you require a larger team of HR representatives or recruiters, then our talent acquisition team may require additional time for the extra recruitment, training and onboarding needed to establish your qualified, offshore team.
Outsourcing to the Philippines can result in significant cost savings of up to 70%. Here at MicroSourcing, we offer a monthly fee to help reduce overheads and allow you to focus on scaling and growing your business. Included in the monthly fee is infrastructure, recruitment and training, security, staff benefits and management.
Successful HR representative and recruitment skills include:
- Experience liaising with hiring managers to develop hiring strategies and profiles
- Time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen organization skills to maintain HR records
- Strong attention to detail and familiarity with hiring platforms and processes.
A higher education degree or certification is completely dependent on company requirements. Some businesses have the resources to train entry-level HR representatives or recruiters in the way they like to recruit. Whilst others, especially for the more executive and senior management roles, prefer an experienced and educated employee who understands the techniques and questions that will find the right fit for more critical roles.
MicroSourcing’s talent acquisition team works just as an in-house recruitment team would. They screen, interview and test candidates to ensure candidates meet the needs and requirements as illustrated in your position descriptions. With over 10 years of experience pioneering a new way of offshoring, MicroSourcing’s expertise is backed by being one of the largest and most experienced offshoring providers in the Philippines - so quality is not a concern.
With a dedicated management team on the ground, working one-on-one with your staff in the Philippines, MicroSourcing has 192+ talented staff in operations who keep the communication between your business and your offshore team streamlined. We also have operational departments that help your employees function efficiently and productively.
Sample recruitment profiles
- Source applicant pools across a variety of positions
- Schedule potential candidates for interview
- Administer recruitment examination
- Conduct initial interviews
- End-to-end recruitment
- Benefits administration
- Employee engagement
- Recruitment Researcher
- HR Assistant
- Talent Acquisition Officer
- Social media marketing
- Talent management software
- Handle multiple accounts; specific to technical and non-technical talent segment
- Breadth of experience across the US with different cultures, quickly adapting to various environments and hiring needs
- Design, maintain and create job advertisement using different graphics media applications
- HR Senior Associate
- Recruitment Consultant
- HR Associate
Interested in recruiting team(s) in the Philippines?
Since our inception in 2006, MicroSourcing has become one of the biggest providers of offshoring solutions in the Philippines. We can help you build a dedicated team in the Philippines, regardless of the roles and level of specialization you require. MicroSourcing is 100% owned by the Probe CX, one of Australia’s fastest growing offshoring solution and customer engagement firms. So, it’s safe to say we’re experts in outsourcing to the Philippines.
Call +1 888-731-0023 today or send us an email to discuss your company’s offshoring needs.
HIPAA & PCI DSS compliant