Utility marketing is supplying your marketing material with useful content and information for your target audience. It is about establishing your company as a resource.
Utility marketing focuses more on the specific needs of your target audience, and may be in the form of the following:
- A mobile app
- A quick report delivered via email
- A blog that provides useful tips that address the needs and issues of your customers
Tips to make your utility marketing stand out
With more and more brands getting up to speed on the latest developments in communication, here are four tips that will help make your utility marketing stand out.
- Timing is everything. Find out what your customers are looking for and be there to provide them with relevant content and products which are suitable to their needs. Alerts are helpful for showcasing product availability and increasing sales.
- Pick a platform. Deliver content using the platform most appropriate for it (eg. applications, widgets, email).
- Design for mobile. Remember that people are now using smartphones more than ever. Make sure that your website works across multiple devices. Ensure a great browsing experience regardless of what device they use for collecting information.
- Social for sharing. Make it convenient for your customers to find and communicate with you by spreading your content across social media platforms. Post updates when they are online and make your content quick for them to share with their circles by providing easy-share options.