Social Media Tips for your Business
Succeeding in social media marketing doesn't happen overnight. You get things right by going through a process of continuous planning and careful execution. Who is your target audience? How will you reach them? These are just a couple of questions you should ask when developing a strategy.
Most businesses today have a social media presence, but not all of them seem to be engaging enough with their followers. Engagement plays a big role in a successful social media marketing strategy. It draws the attention of your audience and makes loyal followers out of them.
Here are tips to a successful social media strategy for your business:
1. Decide on what your business wants to achieve on social media. Some businesses use social media for the purpose of gaining exposure for their brand by promoting their products and services. Others are also using social media to know what their customers think. No matter what your goal is, it should concentrate on how you can make your customers happy and keep them satisfied.
2. Choose someone who’s qualified to effectively implement and keep track of your brand's social media campaigns. While some large companies hire consultants, for small businesses, it is usually just one qualified employee, or the owner, who handles the brand's social media engagement.
3. Establish presence on all major social media platforms, especially the ones where your target audience is most active. Both large and small businesses should make use of Twitter for its usability. Google would be a good platform if you want the added benefit of boosting your website's search engine ranking. For B2B companies, LinkedIn would be a better choice as it is a more business-oriented platform and used mainly by professionals. Facebook and Pinterest would be useful for B2C firms. As much as possible, secure your brand name for main social media profiles. And don't forget to post your contact details as well as a link to your company website.
4. Not all of your followers are on social media at the same time so it's best to schedule your posts at different times of the day.
5. Post relevant and appropriate content for each social media platform. For visual platforms like Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest, images are the most effective choices. Polls and text-only status updates also work well on Facebook.
6. One of the best ways to optimize your brand's presence on social media is to provide customer service. Always make sure to quickly respond to inquiries and complaints.
7. Facebook ads, sweepstakes, and online contests help grow your following, increase engagement, and attract potential customers.
8. Track and measure the results of your social media marketing efforts. This is important for you to know which methods and types of posts work and which don't.