Ways to raise your content marketing game
Are you looking for more ways to raise your content marketing game? Sharing relevant content from your company page is a powerful way to reach and build relationships with potential customers. Here are 15 ways to drive better results from your company updates:
- Think like a journalist. When it comes to communicating your message, time is of the essence. Get to the point and capture your readers' attention with strong, snappy headlines and concise intros.
- Always include a clear call to action. Compared to updates without links, including a link can drive twice the engagement.
- Ask thoughtful questions to involve your audience. Questions that are relevant to your target audience are the ultimate conversation starters.
- Always include an image or some type of rich media. An update that includes an eye-catching image or some form of rich media automatically stands out in news feeds. Also, images generally result in a 98% higher comment rate.
- Before posting, double check that an image appears. Attach an image that is appropriate to the external content you’re linking to. And make sure that it appears on your update.
- Post YouTube videos to encourage sharing. LinkedIn lets links to YouTube videos play directly in the feed. Video links usually result in a 75% higher share rate.
- Make your content valuable. Again, the modern audience has a short attention span. For them to share your posts with their networks, create high quality content that is quick to consume.
- Avoid hypertargeting. You only end up excluding potential audiences by adding so many targeting filters.
- Test to understand your audience. Experiment to find the right balance. This means mixing entertaining and inspirational posts with informative and insightful updates.
- Create an editorial calendar, but react timely to events. Rely on your editorial calendar as a guide, but also be pliant enough to respond to relevant news, topics, and trends.
- Engage with members through comments. Always keep the conversation going, but remember to settle sensitive issues through email or private messages. Develop a plan for proactively handling any customer service issues that may surface. Keep close watch over discussions and remove inappropriate comments.
- Monitor, analyze, and refine your content. Take advantage of available analytics and insights - LinkedIn and Facebook offer this feature for free. Pay attention to the audience targeting, types of content, time of day and frequency that drive the highest engagement - and do more of that.
- Sponsor your best content. Sponsored posts allow you to reach your target audience beyond your existing followers. Identify your top-performing content and sponsor it.
- Evaluate and optimize your Sponsored Updates and/or boosted posts. Detailed reporting tools let you monitor the performance of your Sponsored Updates and/or boosted posts and make the adjustments to make them more effective.
- Don’t be tied to just the work week. People are on social media virtually 24/7 and engage with Sponsored Updates and boosted posts across devices throughout the week, with strong engagement through the weekend. Consider adopting an always-on approach.